The House by a vote of 237 to 189 today approved H.R. 2874 – The 21st Century Flood Reform Bill. The Senate has not yet taken action on reauthorizing the NFIP, which is set to expire on December unless a reauthorization package is enacted. The White House issued a Statement of Administration Policy yesterday supporting the substitute amendment to H.R. 2874 which was voted on in the House today.
Senate Armed Services Committee Approves ASA (CW) Nominee
The Senate Armed Services Committee today moved forward the nomination of R.D. James to serve as the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works). Mr. James’ nomination also needs to be approved by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee before it can move to the Senate floor for consideration.
In the meantime, Ryan A. Fisher, who was appointed November 6 as Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works), is serving as the Acting Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works).
Mr. Fisher’s career background is provided below.
- Jan 2017–Oct 2017: Chief, Planning and Environmental Branch, US Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh, PA
- Mar 2016 – Dec 2016: Chief, Plan Formulation and Economics Section, US Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jul 2009 – Feb 2016: Outreach Coordinator, Management Initiatives Branch, US Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jun 2008 – Jun 2009: Development Assistant and Manager of Special Events, United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jan 2007 – Apr 2008: Senior Associate, Burson-Marsteller, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jan 2001 – Dec 2006: Legislative Director, Office of Congressman Mike Pence, Washington, DC
- Jun 2000 – Dec 2000: Advance Team Director, Mike Pence for Congress, Anderson, IN
- Jun 1998 – Jun 2000: Legislative Assistant, Offices of Senator Patricia Miller & Senator Murray Clark, Indianapolis, IN
COLLEGE: Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Miami University, Oxford, OH