USACE Releases New Levee Safety Engineer Circular
A copy of the draft engineering circular 1165-2-218 submitted to the Federal Register for publication was released by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers today and is provided with this email.
The Federal Register notice, expected to be published on February 25, kicks off a 60-day open comment period. Once published, the Register notice will be available under docket number COE-2020-0003 found at http://www.regulations.gov. All comments should be submitted at http://regulations.gov.
Webinars have been scheduled on the proposed EC for March 4 at 11 AM ad 3 PM EST.
The webinars will both provide an overview of the guidance and our next steps. No RSVP is required for these sessions. The Corps will not be answering questions during the webinar, but has requested that individuals reach out with any questions at EC218@usace.army.mil, or check the USACE Levee Safety Program website, which will continue to be updated with details on this effort.
The five in-person sessions have been scheduled as follows:
* 19 March - New Orleans, LA - Sheraton New Orleans // 500 Canal Street // New Orleans, LA 70130
* 24 March - Portland, OR - Residence Inn Downtown-Pearl District // 1150 NW 9th Avenue // Portland, OR 97209
* 26 March - Sacramento, CA - Doubletree by Hilton Sacramento // 2001 Point West Way // Sacramento, CA 95815
* 31 March - Kansas City, MO - Marriott Kansas City Downtown // 200 West 12th Street // Kansas City, MO 64105
* 2 April - Albany, NY - Location details still be confirmed
Each session is scheduled to occur from 1:00 to 4:00 PM and is open for anyone to attend. Space is limited to 100 participants per session. Anyone attending will be required to RSVP using links that will be available on the Levee Safety Program website early next week. Please plan to attend, RSVP, and share this information with others.
Additional details are available on the USACE website at https://www.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Levee-Safety-Program/. The Corps email for questions on this effort is EC218@usace.army.mil.