WIFIA Applications Due to EPA by April 10
Reminder: NAFSMA members are reminded that letters of Intent for the Water Infrastructure Financing and Innovation Act (WIFIA) credit assistance Program for FY 2017 is less than a week away. Letters of Intent for the WIFIA program are due on Monday, April 10 at midnight. Congress appropriated $20 million for the program, which was authorized under the Water Resources Development Act of 2014, for this fiscal year.
Below is reminder information provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Water with instructions on how to file as well as links for information on the program.
How to submit letter of interest
Prospective borrowers should submit all LOIs electronically via email to email@example.com. EPA is only able to accept e-mails of 25 MB or smaller with unzipped attachments. If necessary due to size restrictions, prospective borrowers may submit attachments separately, as long as they are received by the deadline.
- Submit the letter of interest form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that supporting materials will be sent separately. Send a USB drive or CD/DVD via express mail or courier delivery service to the attention of Director, WIFIA Program; US EPA William Jefferson Clinton West Building‐room 6210 A; 1301 Constitution Ave, NW; Washington, DC 20004.
- Submit the letter of interest form electronically to email@example.com and request a link to WIFIA’s web portal, where you can securely upload additional files. Requests to upload documents should be made no later than 5:00 pm ET on Monday, April 10.
We will notify prospective borrowers by email that their letter of interest and supporting materials have been received.
Resources for prospective borrowers
If you have questions on completing the letter of interest, WIFIA prospective borrowers can reference the following materials:
- UPDATED WIFIA Letter of Interest Frequent Questions, which now include answers to questions asked since the NOFA was issued and during the February 9 and March 7 webinars.
- The recording and presentation from the February 9 and March 7 “WIFIA Letter of Interest Submission and Project Selection” webinar
- A sample financial pro forma that serves as an example of the type of information that a prospective borrower should include and submit in its required pro forma.